single classed layers and GetLegendGraphic

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Nov 8 09:03:24 EST 2004

Hi,

(Using latest CVS).

Many of our layers have one class object defined, with CLASS->NAME
defined as well.

When doing an OGC:WMS GetLegendGraphic request on a layer with a single
CLASS, the legend graphic is returned with the icon alongside the
CLASS->NAME value as embedded text, i.e.

http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/ecows?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&re
quest=GetLegendGraphic&layer=hydroshedg&format=image/gif

CLASS decl:

  CLASS
   NAME "Watershed Polygons, Ontario"
   SYMBOL 0
   COLOR -1 -1 -1
   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 200
  END

For those layers with multiple CLASS objects defined, I think this makes
sense.  For layers with one CLASS defined, the behaviour I've seen most
is that only the icon is returned, and no text (the text would
presumably come from the layer title one would get from Capabilities.

I've tried commenting out the NAME declaration, but that gives me back a
blank image.  When I try:

NAME ""

..this works.

I've sent this to mapserver-dev because I think this was worked on
sometime in the last few weeks when upgrading GetLegendGraphic for
multiple CLASSes.

Thanks

..Tom