single classed layers and GetLegendGraphic

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 9 09:56:43 EST 2004

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> [...]

I waited a bit for others to respond.

I personally like the idea of giving the control to the user to output
full legend or icons based on a specific VendorSpecificCapabilities.
   Saying that the implementation of the GetlegendGraphic has been
discussed lengthly and we ended up with what we have now. What you are
proposing is a behaviour change just before a release. It is not too
late to make this kind of change and if it is better we certainly should
do it before the release (since it is the first relase of Mapserver with
the GetlegnedGraphic), but others involved in it should certainly
approve this.  I have  cc'd Bart and Valik who were invloved in the
GetLegend development/dicsussion in case they are not the the dev list.

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca