CGI base URL behaviour

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Sun Nov 14 18:36:48 EST 2004

Hi,

When publishing my URL for OGC:WMS, OGC:WFS and OGC:WCS, i.e. mapserv
CGI, I provide the following information:

http://somehost/someurl

and that's it.  If I invoke the exact URL as per above, I get:

"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty."

...which we all know what this is and what it means.

In an OGC scenario, I believe that an OGC Service Exception should be
returned, as the URL above is missing keywords for a given OWS request.
Is this anywhere in the OGC CITE assertions?

In a non-OGC scenario (pure MapServer CGI), what is returned has become
pretty defacto (though I would argue for XML-based MapServer error
reporting, but that's another story).

I'm interested in what comments others have.

Cheers

..Tom