4.4.0-beta3 tonight

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Nov 15 17:45:57 EST 2004

  I agree that pushing beta3 will help me too. I also liked the idea of
having beta4 (no I am thinking beta 5, not yet anyway :). I was hoping
to address most of php and swf functions between beta3 and beta4 since
they have a very limited impact on other functionnalities.

Here is a quick review on what I plan to correct in the next week or so.
I will update as I go the status of the bugs and I guess if someone has
a specific case for bugs that will be postponded, they will update the
bug.  I should be in schedule if there is beta 4.

  1) php/mapscript : 23 bugs opened.

     a) New mapscript functions to make it SWIG compatible
        516, 734, 762, 785, 806, 818, 900, 979

     b) Bugs with existing functions
          425, 977

     c) New functions
        624, 765, 820

     d) thread safty issues
        31, 66, 67, 77

     e) build/libarary related bugs
         156, 370, 520, 990

     f) Other
         480

   Here is my plan on this : a) and b) will be corrected for 4.4. Others
to be pushed to next releases unless someone adresses them.

  2) SWF : 1 bug

     Bug 804 :

   This will be adressed for release 4.4

3) WMS/WFS server and client : 39 bugs. 24 non assigned

     a) Non trivial Bugs/features that need to be adressed for 4.4
         455, 456, 541, 792, 966, 1007, 1043, 1065

     b) docs
         636, 646, 736, 745, 798, 1016, 919

     c)  bugs/features that can wait
        571, 581, 584,  740, 749, 800, 801, 822, 824, 832, 842, 861,
967, 985, 1019

     d) Bugs that are assigned so I will let the assignee comment on them
         * Daniel : 25, 188,  300, 337, 375, 388, 398, 568

         * Frank :   79

   a) and b) to be adressed for the release. and all others to be
pushed  beyond this release unless adressed by others.

Later,

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>
>> If you count the recursion bug 1059 as a non-trivial bug then we're
>> going to have to push beta3 out a couple of days. I'll have some time
>> tonite but cannot gaurantee a fix.
>>

> It seems that pushing it a few more days would help others too
> (including myself). I think you wrote a few days ago that Thursday was
> your bugfest day, so what would you think of Thursday night for beta3?
> Hopefully that will just mean a better beta and we could possibly skip
> beta4 and go straight to a release after.

>  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
>  DM Solutions Group              http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst