Handling special characters

Palanisamy, Giri palanisamyg at ORNL.GOV
Thu Nov 18 09:01:52 EST 2004

Hi List,

I have a mapserver that displays place names in different countries, and I need to show the special Latin characters, for example La Cigüeña, Argentina. The place names are coming from a dbf file. I have tried adding Unicode and Latin character sets such as "ñ" in the dbf entry, and my mapserver output didn't display the special characters, in fact the mapserver out was just "La Cigue"ña".   Is there a way to display the special characters in a mapserver?

I am running the mapserver version 4.0 in  Windows XP, and using JBox to handle the mapserver requests.

Thanks in advance!.

Giri