Handling special characters

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Nov 19 15:16:43 EST 2004

Palanisamy, Giri wrote:

> I have installed the latest Mapserver version 4.4 and tired the special character. But it is still not able to display the special character. Any idea?

I used to think that it was freetype that was taking care of decoding
HTML entities such as "ñ".  After a quick search, I just found
out that since GD 2.0.26, the GD library takes care of decoding
entities, and I see that "ñ" is handled in the source. So for
sure rebuilding with the latest GD should solve your issue. I'm not sure
how/why entities decoding was working before GD 2.0.26, but I thought
that it used to work too.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca