Time to close the wiki?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 30 00:46:29 EST 2004

Thomas E Burk wrote:

> I don't have the time or many alternative resources at the moment to ALSO
> do something about the wiki. We are using an old version of UseMod; I
> don't know all the configuration options or if a new version would help
> with the problem. If someone has experience, specific advice is welcome.

The wiki may not be very well organized, but it contains lots of very
useful information that's often not available anywhere else. If we don't
do something now, then everyday that passes the spammers create more
spam revisions on every page and the useful contents ends up being lost
for ever.

Looking at the recent changes page, there seem to have been lots of spam
and very few "real" additions to the wiki since November 18. Is there a
backup of the wiki available from that date? We could perhaps install
that backup somewhere, then freeze it (i.e. disallow edits) and then
have some time to recover the contents and migrate it somewhere else.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca