MapServer 4.4.0 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 30 13:34:33 EST 2004

Thomas E Burk wrote:

> Immediate. If someone with the "big picture" knowledge in hand of what to
> highlight in 4.4.0 could write that up, we could get new text on the Web
> site. Or we could just turn Daniel's bulleted list on the wiki into text

I have put something together and posted it in the PHP MapScript
download page on maptools.org. Look for the small "History" link besides
the 4.4.0 source download:
http://www.maptools.org/php_mapscript/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

The link points to:
http://www.maptools.org/php_mapscript/index.phtml?page=whatsnew44.html

You could probably just steal the contents which is included in the page
above:
http://www.maptools.org/php_mapscript/whatsnew44.html

>  On the other hand, please, everyone, understand, if you have
> something specific to contribute to the Web site, send it and it will be
> incorporated. Maybe we have never made that explicit?

The problem is that having to go through someone and explain everything
you want changed and why is very painful. I just spent a couple of hours
on the php_mapscript site on maptools, cleaning up issues and updating
for the 4.4 release, and if I had had to go through our webmaster to do
it that would just have been impossible.

What I'm trying to say is that while it may be possible to send you (or
Kari) documents to post to the website, that doesn't really work. It
takes 3 times more time to ask someone to fix or post something than it
would take me to do it myself. I'm not very familiar with Plone, but I
really hope that it will help on that front.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca