SLD TextSymbolizer issue

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 30 19:31:56 EST 2004

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Oh, ok.  So the font is taken from LEGEND.  I agree with this for
> non-annotation/text type layers, but for text, I think it's just as much
> a representation of the layer as is the style of a point/line/polygon.
>
> I wonder what some of the developers on this list think?

Still waiting on feedback from the developers on this?

My opinion is that it would be a bad idea to use the map annotation's
font/size/color for the legend item's description. This could lead to
very odd looking legends. However, I could be sold to the idea of
producing a "letter A" icon drawn using the style of the annotations as
the legend image.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca