4.4 Windows Binaries (Oracle, SDE, and others)

Tue Nov 30 23:28:15 EST 2004

You the man! This saved my ass tonite, had to do a bit of homework and
needed ECW support in short order. Thanks!

Steve

>>> Howard Butler <hobu at IASTATE.EDU> 11/30/04 2:31 PM >>>
All,

I have compiled what I am calling the "kitchen sink" Windows binaries
and
made them available for download.  They are located at
<http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/>.  Here is a quick rundown of
what
is available for support:

Outputs: GIF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and SWF
Inputs: GDAL, OGR, PostGIS, and Shapefile. (SDE and/or Oracle, depending
on
build type).
Servers: WCS, WFS, and WMS
Clients: WFS and WMS
GDAL formats: NetCDF, JPEG2000, ECW, TIFF, GeoTIFF, & MrSID (plus many
more)
OGR formats: PostGIS, GML, & ODBC (plus many more)

There are 4 build types, and you will need to choose the one that
appropriately does what you want with respect to Oracle and SDE as the
DLLs
required to use those are not freely available.  SDE and Oracle builds
require your own DLLs. SDE was built against ArcSDE 9.0, and will
require
the 9.0 DLLs. Oracle was built against the Oracle 9.2 client libraries
and
will require a 9.2 oci.dll.

MapScript
Python MapScript for Python 2.3 and Java MapScript for JDK 1.5 are also
available at this website in the same 4 configurations.  The Java
MapScript
is known to pass the test cases that exist in CVS, but I am not a Java
programmer, so I don't know of the rest of their utility.  I'd be
interested in hearing reports of how well they work for you.

Congrats to all those who helped work on a great release.

Howard