[Mapserver-dev] mapindex.c

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Oct 1 00:50:00 EDT 2004

That was an index format I used between the rtree support I had
originally
added and the quadtree support. It can be safely removed.

Steve

>>> Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> 09/26/04 8:34 PM >>>
Folks,

What is the code in mapindex.c for?  From a review, I get the impression
it
is some sort of spatial indexing for shapefiles based on a fixed grid
size
(as opposed to the quadtree approach of maptree.c).  Is it still used?
If
not should it be removed from the tree?

I am implementing more complete support quadtrees for spatial searches
in
shapelib, and will use the "new" .qix format for compatibility with
mapserver.
I will be incorporating support for this into OGR so I can have spatial
searches
in OGR nearly as fast as MapServer.

warmerdam at pobox.com