[Mapserver-dev] Bug status needs attention

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed Oct 6 13:50:54 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Like I said in another thread, it's difficult to query Bugzilla
because we developers, overall, are not paying attention to
the status of bugs.  Bugs tend to go a long time in a "New"
state, and then are fixed and closed, or just go on indefinitely
in a new state.

If we acted quickly, say within a week, to change a bug's status
to "Accepted" or "Unconfirmed", it would be possible to query
Bugzilla for a list of MapServer's known and confirmed bugs.
Such a list could be a big help to users, IMO.

Easy for me to say, because I'm the owner of a relatively minor
component that doesn't get as much action, but what do you think?
A few minutes a week could make Bugzilla a more useful diagnostic
tool.

cheers,
Sean

--