[Mapserver-dev] Use of bugzilla for 4.4 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 14 15:14:04 EDT 2004

Hi Developers,

I have updated the 4.4 release wiki page with guidelines for using
bugzilla during the 4.4 release process. This is based on discussions
I've had with other developers earlier today on the IRC channel and in
other exchanges before.

It would be great if all developers could try to follow these simple
guidelines. Then we could more easily track how far we are from having
addressed all the bugs. The most important is to try to make sure that
you accept bugs as soon as you start working on them, and that you make
sure all your respective bugs have their target milestone set to
something, either "4.4 release" of "FUTURE".

As usual, comments and suggestions welcome. If this way to work with
bugzilla works well then I think we should more formally document the
use of bugzilla for future releases based on this and our experience
through this release.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca