[Mapserver-dev] problem with the quality of scanned maps

Jordi Valls valls at amb.es
Wed Sep 15 08:16:17 EDT 2004

Hello mapserver users,

I am working with mapserver and I am very satisfied with the software. Now I
have a problem:
My organization is interested in showing scanned maps from historical urban
planing. The scanned maps, in jpg format, look fine with Arcmap(the esri
product). But when I put them in mapserver, using the tileindex utility o
not, the quality of the image  is not good. What can I do to improve the
quality of the image?.

Many Thanks,

Jordi Valls i Alsedà
Servei d'Informació Territorial I Coordinació Tècnica
Mancomunitat de Municipis de l'Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona
Carrer 62 Nro. 16-18  Edifici A Pl. 1ª  Zona Franca 08040 Barcelona
www.amb.es
email: valls at amb.es
Tel 932235151
Fax. 932234710