[Mapserver-dev] Modularizing mapserver

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Thu Sep 16 12:06:57 EDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 17:34, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I'm not sure why you say that mapimagemap.c is non-core.  It provides
> somewhat esoteric capabilities, but doesn't depend on any external
> libraries.  It isn't terribly large.  Why not always build it in?  At least

That was my line of reasoning as well, but I do understand that someone would
like to have a certain feature excluded, though more likely because of
stability or security issues than the additional 20KB which would not make a
real difference in everyday use.

> it is one less thing for people to always ask for a custom build in order
> to get it included.

We can always put in a --with(out)-imagemap option which would be enabled by
default.