[Mapserver-dev] FastCGI Support in MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 17 01:06:08 EDT 2004

Folks,

Refractions and I are investigating moving ahead with more complete FastCGI
support in MapServer.  I forsee needing to write a small "stdio wrapper"
set of functions and all MapServer input from stdin and output to stdout
and stderr would need to be directed through this API instead of normal
stdio functions.

I have written up a few notes on this near the bottom of the FastCGI topic
in the wiki:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FastCGI

Would anyone have any objections, concerns, suggestions with regard to my
idea of implementing such an msIO_<stdio>() set of functions, and altering
mapserv.c, and the lower level code to use it?