[Mapserver-dev] Re: PHP Mapscript module and RegEx

Franck Martin franck at sopac.org
Sat Sep 25 18:25:33 EDT 2004

--__--__--

>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:46:59 -0600
>From: Anthony Best <abest at digitalflex.net>
>To: Mapserver-dev at lists.gis.umn.edu
>Subject: [Mapserver-dev] PHP Mapscript module and RegEx
>
>[Sent this to users list]
>
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking into fixing the problem with PHP4s Bundled RegEx and Mapscript.
>
>I've hacked the source to compile with mapserver using the system regex,
>while php is still using the builtin regex. The linking seems to be
>correct, however I'm uncertain that this is the correct path to fixing this.
>
>Is anyone else working on this?
>
>What is the real problem that requires mapscript to use php's bundled regex?
>
>Is there still a problem with thread-safety?
>
>I'm also getting the impression that mapscript is incorrectly using the
>php4 API. Is this true?
>
>I'm willing to put the time and effort into fixing this issue (as well
>as other issues).

For the regex thing, when I compiled mapscript, I found out that it uses
only once or twice the regex functions, to check if the file loaded ends
up in .map and a couple of others...

My suggestion, would be to remove this regex altogether and put your own
code there.

I compiled mapscipt by patching the code and removing these regex (quick
and dirty) but it works...

Also, I'm willing to look at putting a bounty on this issue (mapserver
running as php/apache dso). I had one answer so far, which looks good.
However I will have to write a contract with the party that will solve
it and before I need to have 3 quotes. With the amount I can talk to my
management and see what they say. There is mainly one condition, the
party or his company must be EU or ACP national.

Cheers

Franck Martin
franck.martin at gmail.com
"Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question"
G. Bachelard