[Mapserver-dev] Re: PHP Mapscript module and RegEx

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 27 13:15:05 EDT 2004

Anthony Best wrote:
> 2. Replace the usage of the system regex to another implementation such
> as pcre, or some other standard implementation, and ensure there is no
> symbol conflicts.

Folks,

To me, this seems like the obvious solution.  Include a small regex
implementation as part of the MapServer source and ensure that everything
is renamed so that there is no conflict with system or PHP regex
implementations.  I think there has been some previous discussion from which
this was the conclusion but there just wasn't anyone motivated to implement
the change.