mapserver thread-safety FAQ

Wed Apr 13 18:17:52 EDT 2005

Thanks for doing this. If nothing else it gives a clear target for work
in this area. Perhaps that should be another question, "Ok, so what's
being done about this?". The answer is not exactly nothing, but that
pieces are being picked off as they are found and if time and resources
permit. There is no concentrated effort to make MapServer
thread-safe...

Steve

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at FRII.COM> 4/13/2005 11:29:02 AM >>>
I get a lot of questions about MapServer and threads and finally took
the time to summarize my understanding of the issues in FAQ form at

   http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/thread_safety

If you are interested, look it over.  I welcome any comments.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies