fast-cgi

Huub hfl at HOME.NL
Wed Apr 27 08:22:37 EDT 2005

Hi list (Bart),

i'm looking at a few thing concerning fastcgi and oracle spatial.

We're using OracleSpatial10g and fastcgi in a 4.5 compile, actually it
was compiled by Bart van den Eijnden :-) from recent sources
We found that every maprefresh uses more and more memory, it's never
released.
Maybe that this has got something to do with the included error

fastcgi is supposed to keep open connections, but i think it does
something more.
just now i stopped apache and memoryusage dropped from 2.5Gb to 300Mb ....

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
&#39;hn_auto&#39;.
msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. *Cannot allocate
items buffer*
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

i found this in the archives