Revised 4.8 release plan

Tue Dec 13 21:20:24 EST 2005

Why don't you give me until tomorrow evening and I'll report back. We can make the call for beta3 vs. rc1 then. Personally I think waiting until after the holidays is just fine. Folks aren't going to be doing much switching until afterwards anyway.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> There are no new parameters, it's more a change in behavior with existing
> parameters. That is, ANTIALIAS TRUE and WIDTH > 1 gets you meaningful
> output. Right now that combination has no effect. The problem is making
> sure everything works with all combinations of image depth and marker
> type.
>
> I'd prefer to see a beta 3, even if only for a week, then the release candidate.

So that would mean the following?

4.8.0-beta3 on Thursday Dec 15th
4.8.0-rc1 on Thursday Dec 22nd
4.8.0 final on Thursday Dec 29th

Since we may not get much feedback between Dec 22nd and 29th, should we
consider dong the final release in the first week of January instead?

I'm easy either way, I would have prefered to not delay past the
holidays but since this is a key feature then perhaps it's worth it.

What do others think?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca