Revised 4.8 release plan

Thu Dec 15 10:01:57 EST 2005

Yup, perfect. +1

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi Guys: I've made progress and committed a fix for the bug Ed found with polygon outlines tonite so basic fuzzy brushes work pretty nicely. That said, I really think we should have a beta3 and release the first week in January. We should get good feedback with that new feature so "beta" status makes sense. Besides getting these brushes in the right spots, I'd like to try and figure out this crash Sean is seeing with free'ing dynamically created styles, plus I have one other bug to fix with rotating pixmap symbols.

I could get fired from my job of release manager for letting the release
slip, but since that's for good reasons and you're the one who would
have to fire me anyway (as TSC chair) then I guess that's ok.  ;)

So to summarize, what you propose would result in:

4.8.0-beta3 on Thursday Dec 15th (tonight)
4.8.0-rc1 on Thursday Dec 22nd
4.8.0 final on Thursday January 5th

Is that what you had in mind? If we hear no objections then we'll go
with that.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca