Thoughts on Paul's "Choose the choosers"?

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Wed Dec 21 10:24:59 EST 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Steve Lime wrote:

> Hi all: I'm assuming you saw the thread Paul Ramsey started late
> last week =
> on mapserver-users. How do folks, especially MSTC members, feel
> about =
> extending the reach of that group into general matters of
> governance and =
> such (with the aid of an advisory group)?
>
> Steve

Steve,

It seems to me that the issue of transferring copyright of the
MapServer code from the University of Minnesota to another entity is
well within the domain of the committee. There should be a vote to do
so, and I propose we wait until there is actually a solid Foundation
before we vote.

Happy Holidays everyone,
Sean