Thoughts on Paul's "Choose the choosers"?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Dec 21 10:35:51 EST 2005

On 12/21/05, Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> It seems to me that the issue of transferring copyright of the
> MapServer code from the University of Minnesota to another entity is
> well within the domain of the committee. There should be a vote to do
> so, and I propose we wait until there is actually a solid Foundation
> before we vote.

Sean,

The copyright is the property of the university, so I don't see
that the MTSC could make any sort of binding decision on it.
Of course, we could vote advising the university to take some
action.

But I think the question is whether we (the MTSC + some
advisors) should take on a broader decision making role in the
mapserver project.  I am generally not keen on the idea, but
will try and respond in more detail on the -users thread.