Thoughts on Paul's "Choose the choosers"?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Dec 21 14:51:41 EST 2005

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I'm assuming you saw the thread Paul Ramsey started late last week on mapserver-users. How do folks, especially MSTC members, feel about extending the reach of that group into general matters of governance and such (with the aid of an advisory group)?

I think we really need a formal way by which the project can make
non-technical decisions for itself (independently of the foundation
discussions which is just one thing that needs to be decided through
this mechanism). I also understand the argument of those who would like
to keep the TSC's business to just code issues and would rather see a
separate Project Steering Committee (PSC) for non-technical questions.

I do not have a strong opinion either way, as long as something happens,
whether it's in the form of PSC or TSC++... so consider this a +0.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca