CGI MapServer 4.4.1 and php 5.0.2 vs 5.0.2/3

Steve Hall steve.hall at MERCATORGEOSYSTEMS.CO.UK
Mon Jan 10 09:11:25 EST 2005

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the CGI MapServer.  I'm using MapServer 4.4.1 and
when I compile --with-php set to the source tree for PHP5.0.1 then all is
well and PHP/MapScript and CGI "mapserv" both work fine.  However if I
compile against a 5.0.2 (or 5.0.3) PHP source tree then although my
PHP/MapScript seems to work ok, my CGI "mapserv" is having massive problems
which i'm finding hard to track down.

Basically the only thing that seems to work is
"http://my-server/cgi-bin/mapserv" and that's it (I get the "QUERY_STRING is
set, but empty." message so all paths & env etc are OK I presume). As soon
as I try to do something "real" it fails and I get "Premature end of script
headers" in the Apache (1.3.31) error log.

Can anyone help me out here - or give me some hints as to where to look? At
the moment I'm not sure if its a MapServer problem or a PHP one.  It seems
weird to me that PHP/MapScript works fine though and its the CGI MapServer
that's having problems?!!

Many thanks,

Steve H