MapScript in Delphi

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 15 09:36:47 EDT 2005

On 7/14/05, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:

> I have also heard comments here and there about working on a clean C API
> for the MapServer core, so perhaps this could be a good time to start
> cleanining up the core as well, instead of just building another
> MapScript wrapper.
>
> If this moves ahead then I'll come up with a formal TSC proposal. For
> now I'm sending this to find out if anyone has any advice to offer, or
> comments/suggestions on the way they would prefer to see things being done.

Daniel,

I am in favor of pegging down a more complete and "guaranteed"
C API closely related to the way services are presented in MapScript.
Should that occur, in theory all we need to make it useable from Delphi
is make all the interface functions use the STDCALL convention on
win32, though it would be desirable to build a bunch of wrapper Pascal
code to provide nice object interfaces.

Of course, doing so would add a high-maintenance binding.