4.6.0 final today

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Tue Jun 14 13:52:31 EDT 2005

Fair enough, I can back down, I only really had the opportunity to
heavily test in the last two days, two months lead time notwithstanding.
Having run across some of the other quirks recently as a result of that
(Intersect vs Intersects) I am somewhat sensitive: broken standards
support is almost worse than none at all (as it raises expectations
before they are dashed).

<PAUSE>

So, I downloaded CadCorp MapBrowser, and it worked with mapserver 4.4
and 4.6. Only one problem, and that was when it was given a LineString
with only one coordinate (not legal GML). Which is a data or a server
problem, depending on where one wants to point fingers.

So I feel better that our 4.6 problem is very likely self-inflicted and
not something I should worry about in a larger context. Fire away, sorry
for the tempest.

Paul

FYI, fun with mapserver versions:

http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv42?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/victoria-wms.map
http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv44?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/victoria-wms.map
http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv46?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/victoria-wms.map

http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv42?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/elections-wms.map
http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv44?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/elections-wms.map
http://mapserver.refractions.net/cgi-bin/mapserv46?map=/home/www/mapserv/maps/elections-wms.map

Both are dual-mode WFS/WMS files, it was fun to see how things changed
(or not) across versions.