spaces in wms_layer_group

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri Jun 17 01:29:57 EDT 2005

Hi Jeff,

what happens if you use an invalid entry for wms_layer_group, like the last one you point out?

I tried to test your forbidden entry with Mapserver 4.6 beta3 but all went fine, see below:

    <Layer>
    <Title>Aqua MODIS 1km imagery</Title>
    <Layer>
    <Title>2005</Title>
    <Layer>
    <Title>2005-06</Title>

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Jeff de La Beaujardiere <jeff2005 at SVS.GSFC.NASA.GOV> 06/16/05 05:52pm >>>
It appears that wms_layer_group metadata does not allow spaces except in
the last item of the sequence. For example (in mapserv 4.4.2):

Legal:
/Aqua MODIS 1km imagery
/2005/2005-16/Aqua MODIS 1km imagery
/Aqua_MODIS_1km_imagery/2005/2005-06

Forbidden:
/Aqua MODIS 1km imagery/2005/2005-06

Is this a bug or a feature? In WMS, Titles of un-Named Layers are
permitted to contain spaces.

-Jeff DLB