Truetype Font Wrapping Patch

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri Jun 17 07:18:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

can you open up a bugzilla report in the Mapserver bugzilla so this does not get lost?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Andrew Seales <andrew.seales at ED.AC.UK> 06/17/05 01:06pm >>>
Hi,

We've been using Minnesota Map Server in a live WMS service for a few
months now and we have found it to be an excellent piece of software. We
have found what seems to be a small problem though. We tried using the
WRAP command inside of LAYER to specify that a text string should wrap
to the next line when it encounters a certain symbol but for some reason
we couldn't get this to work when using truetype fonts. I had a look a
the code and it seems that the line wrapping code in the bitmap font
section wasn't in the truetype font code in mapgd.c. When I added the
code into the truetype font section, then the line wrapping command
worked fine. I've attached a patch of the fix for version 4.6.0.

This is the relevant section of the mapfile:

LAYER
    NAME "Copyright"

    METADATA
        "wms_title" "Copyright"
        "wms_srs"   "EPSG:27700"
        "wms_extent"    "0.0 0.0 700000.0 1300000.0"
    END

    STATUS DEFAULT
    TRANSFORM FALSE
    TYPE ANNOTATION

    POSTLABELCACHE TRUE

    FEATURE
        POINTS
        2 5
        END
        TEXT '© Crown copyright/database right 2004.|An Ordnance
Survey/EDINA supplied service.'
    END

    CLASS

        STYLE
            SYMBOL "copy_box_os"
            COLOR 255 255 255
            SIZE 30
        END
        LABEL
            BACKGROUNDCOLOR 0 255 255
            COLOR 0 0 0
            #OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
            TYPE TRUETYPE
            FONT arial
            SIZE 7
            ANTIALIAS TRUE
            PARTIALS TRUE
            POSITION CR
            WRAP "|"

        END
    END

    MINSCALE 1000.0
    MAXSCALE 25000.0
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:27700"
    END
END # End copyright

Regards,

--
Andrew Seales

EDINA                   tel: +44 (0) 131 651 1430
Edinburgh University    fax: +44 (0) 131 650 3308
Main Library Building   url: http://edina.ac.uk
George Square           email: andrew.seales at ed.ac.uk
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ