MapServer Technical Steering Committee Proposal

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 24 17:16:56 EDT 2005

Folks,

We have had lots of talk over the last year or more about "process"
but without a process to make a decision we haven't really done anything.
I have prepared a proposal for a mechanism, which is attached and
also available in CVS under rfc/ms-rfc-1.txt.

I am first putting this up for discussion but assuming relatively positive
feedback I will seek unanimous approval by the proposed voting members:

  Steve Lime, Daniel Morissette, Frank Warmerdam, Sean Gilles, Assefa
  Yewondwossen, Howard Butler and Perry Nacionales.

This isn't meant to be the be-all and end-all of committee constitutions.
Just enough process to get us going so we could decide a few other
things and know we have reached some sort of closure.

	MS RFC 1: Technical Steering Committee Guidelines