Wrong query results on SDE layer

Pirmin Kalberer sp_ml at SOURCEPOLE.COM
Fri Mar 4 04:47:55 EST 2005

Howard,

Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 18.12 schrieb Howard Butler:

> First, there is a define at the top.  #define MS_SDE_ROW_ID_COLUMN
> "SE_ROW_ID"
>
> Whenever something like InitItemInfo (get the layer information, find the
> column names, etc) is done, msSDELayerGetRowIDColumn is called.  It is in
> this function where all the business of finding the unique row id column is
> done.
>
> If the table is not registered as versioned, then msSDELayerGetRowIDColumn
> will only return the MS_SDE_ROW_ID_COLUMN value.
>
> Try setting MS_SDE_ROW_ID_COLUMN to "OBJECTID" and recompiling or

This was the first thing I tried. But after that I didn't get any query
results :-(
As far as I remember, even the SDE raster layers were broken.

> registering the table as versioned so msSDELayerGetRowIDColumn  can
> calculate it.  If you have *multiple* SDE layers in a mapfile and they have
> different unique columns (ie, one table uses OBJECTID and the other uses
> SE_ROW_ID), you are in a bit of a bind unless the tables are registered.

We have many SDE layers (raster & vectors), but I think that they all use the
same unique column. Registrating one layer as versioned didn't change the
behaviour.

Pirmin