WFS client and caching

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Mar 8 07:37:37 EST 2005

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just noticed something strange using Mapserver WFS client.
>
> If I use HTTP GET for communicating with the Mapserver WFS, then
> requesting the same map again does not result in a new GML file being
> downloaded (ie read from cache).
>
> But using HTTP POST everytime a new GML file is downloaded for the same
> extent.
>
> Using Mapserver 4.4.1.
>
> Is this a bug? Or fixed already in CVS?

Hi Bart,

I'll let Assefa comment on this, but I think this is a limitation of the
current WFS caching implementation. We had discussed ways to handle POST
as well, but that may not have been implemented. Perhaps you could file
a bug?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca