gfs output in Maserver 4.5 using gdal1.2.5

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 8 16:18:55 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:47:48 -0500, Yewondwossen Assefa
<assefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
>   I was just testing the wfs output and came accross an issue that I do
> not really understand.  The wfs get feature request produces a gml and a
> gfs file.  In Mapserver 4.4.X (using gdal1-2.5), the gfs contains
> attribute informations (<PropertyDefn>) . In Mapserver 4.5 (gdal1.2.5),
> the attributes informations are not included in the file.
>
>   Does anyone has a quick explanation on this ? I am using the same test
> map file in both cases.

Assefa,

This is using MapServer as a WFS server (not a client), right?
I didn't think that MapServer itself would write out a .gfs file to
go with a .gml result.  My understanding was that .gfs files
are only created by OGR when opening a previously unopened
gml file.

I have done quite a bit of work in GDAL post-1.2.5 to support
GML 3 Level 0 schemas, and in this case OGR is not supposed
to create a .gfs file.  But you mention you are using GDAL 1.2.5
in both cases, right?

Are the GML files similar?

I'm pretty confused too!