libcurl 7.12 and 7.13: unhandled exceptions in libcurl.dll

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Mar 16 12:05:00 EST 2005

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> if I build my Mapscript on Windows against libcurl 7.10.7, Mapserver WMS
> client works fine continuously.
>
> If I build against 7.12.3 or 7.13.1 once in a while at a zoomin to a WMS
> layer, I get an unhandled exception in php.exe, caused by an unhandled
> exception in libcurl.dll.
>
> Did anybody else experience this behaviour? And what is the recommended
> version to use? Should we report this to the libcurl people?

I'm not aware of specific issues with those versions of libcurl, but I'd
say that it's defintely premature to report a problem to the libcurl
developers until you have identified the source and nature of the
problem and know for sure that it's in libcurl and not in mapserver.

Just saying "unhandled exception" won't tell them much, just like that
doesn't tell me anything either, they're just like us: they need a
testcase to reproduce the crash and then they'll step in the debugger to
identify the source of the problem, and they are not likely to download
mapserver and compile it to test.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca