libcurl 7.12 and 7.13: unhandled exceptions in libcurl.dll

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Mar 16 12:20:34 EST 2005

bartvde at xs4all.nl wrote:

> but the fact that using libcurl 7.10.7 there is no problem, it does not
> seem a Mapserver problem to me.

That only tells you that something has likely changed between versions
of libcurl, but doesn't tell you much about the source of the problem.
How do you know that there is not an invalid assumption in the MapServer
code that used to be true for 7.10.7 (as a side-effect of something
else) but that is no longer valid in the new interface? Or maybe it's
just a build problem with the binaries that you got?

But anyway, my main point was that just like you need a clear testcase
for us to look at the mapserver issues that you report, the libcurl
developers will require a testcase solely based on libcurl code that
demonstrates the problem before they can help you.

> I have attached a memory dump of the crash. Maybe you can identify
> something from that?

I'm not on Windows, I can't read memory dumps, sorry. That would
probably not tell me much anyway.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca