msClipPolygonRect() / msClipPolylineRect()

Thu Mar 24 13:28:50 EST 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>>I would rather assume that my data is good and get the extra rendering
>>speed and if I have bogus data then running lots of files through the
>>checker is the price I have to pay.
>

> I would tend to agree in an application as performance sensitive as MapServer.
> Actually, it would be kind of nice if MapServer did extra validation of stuff
> like this, but only when DEBUG is set on.

I would whole heartily agree with this.
I think the maybe DEBUG has too many different ideas for different
developers and maybe we need a different flag specifically for this like
VALIDATE_DATA or something like that. But maybe that is redundant.

-Steve