should Mapserver WMS client URL encode?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Mar 25 10:49:50 EST 2005

Hi list,

I remember a discussion initiated by me about a year ago about whether or
not Mapserver CGI should react correctly to URL encoded requests. The
answer was, if I remember correctly, that it does not have to do that.

Together with Nuno, I have been looking into a problem letting Mapserver
WMS client talk with the ERMapper WMS.

ERMapper WMS does not like URL encoded parameters, but Mapserver WMS
client does encode a few, like layers and bbox.

I would assume that given the outcome of the previous discussion,
Mapserver WMS client is wrong in encoding the parameters.

Is this a right assumption?

Best regards,
Bart