prbolem with true type symbol character when writing MAP file

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Sun May 8 08:30:04 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I have run into what I think is an issue, but I wanted to check here if
this is a real bug.

When using a true type symbol in a MAP file, eg

SYMBOL
   ..
   CHARACTER "&#65"
   ..
END

and saving the mapobject, it turns into (note there are no quotes):

SYMBOL
   ..
   CHARACTER &#65
   ..
END

a new load of the map fails because of a parsing error.

Shouldn't mapsymbol.c be changed to the following:

     fprintf(stream, "    CHARACTER \"%s\"\n", s->character);

Best regards,
Bart