PHP/Mapscript regex problem -- Any volunteers?

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Mon May 16 06:04:45 EDT 2005

I promise this is my last self-post on this tonight...

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Bill Binko wrote:
> > (Before I realized this (during the thrashing phase of the investigation
> > :), I figured out a more convoluted solution, but we'll let that be a
> > backup plan.)
> >

> I guess I'm back to this.  It basically comes down to having two separate
> .o files that hold wrappers for the reg*() methods.  One gets linked in
> for the CGI/CLI apps and calls the system regex*()'s, the other gets
> linked into php_mapscript.so and calls PHPs.  It's doable, but unpleasant.
>
> The upside is that the CGI/CLIs never have dependencies on
> libphp_common.so.  The downside is we get two stupid compilation units to
> maintain.

I have gotten this to work.  It builds in one pass, and the CLI/CGI
programs use the system regex, and the php_mapscript uses the PHP regex.
It does not require PHP source: just include files.

The only thing left is updating the Makefile.in and configure.in with my
latest changes.  I am unfortunately fried at the moment: I'll finish it
when I have gotten some shuteye.

Bill