PHP Mapscript fixes for 4.6.0-beta2

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at WEBBASED.CO.UK
Thu May 26 09:08:16 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I've just been looking at dynamically creating symbols on the fly using PHP
Mapscript, and found a couple of bugs which I believe I have fixed with the
attached patches. The patches are against the file
mapserver-4.6.0-beta2.tar.gz which I downloaded from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu.

        1) symbolObj has no imagepath property

        This was fixed by copying the code from mapsymbol.c to allow the
imagepath property to be set via mapscript. I
        was a little unsure about how the current path should be handled, so
at the moment it assumes that the path to the
        GIF/PNG is absolute without considering the current path from the
environment.

        2) symbolObj->setPoints() doesn't correctly set
symbolObj->sizex/sizey

        Using setPoints() to load an array of points for a vector symbol was
not correctly setting sizex/sizey to the
        maximum extents of the symbol. Hence all symbols were being drawn
with a size of 0 and did not appear to be
        visible. This was fixed by borrowing the code from mapsymbol.c to
set sizex/sizey to the maximum extents of the
        symbol as points are added to the symbol.

Many thanks,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way