formatting of BoundingBox coordinates (mapows.c)

Sat Nov 5 01:16:23 EST 2005

That's what WCS does and I think that decision was based off some discussions so I think that'd work...

Steve

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> The downside to using %f is that we really need to provide explicit
> precision (ie. %.3f or %.15f).  Without knowing too much about the
> SRSes in question it is often hard to pick an optimal precision.  If
> we pick to much precision we end up introducing "noise" digits at
> the end beyond the double precision of the inputs that makes
> comparison of extents with other servers messy.  If we provide too
> little precision and the coordinate system ends up being geographic
> then we could easily be giving very poor bounds.

There seems to be no easy solution to this as you explained. In other
places we use %.15g, that's at least better than %f, perhaps we should
use that there too?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca