Will PHP-Mapscript support OWSRequests?

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Oct 4 11:05:22 EDT 2005

The OWSRequest as well as the CONFIG setting had been enetered as bugs
to be adressed before the 4.8 release.

The coordination between functions added/available in the SWIG-Mapscript
and php mapscript has been better managed in the last year or so and
usually new functionnaliies added in one make it the other. So in that
sense I do not think that they will differ more and more. We are also
doing some tests on the use of swig php but there is no clear timeline
for this.

Later,

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 10/4/05, Sebastian Albrecht <albrecht at fielax.de> wrote:
>
>>Question 1:
>>Will PHP-Mapscript support a SWIG-Mapscript-like OWSRequest at some
>>point in the future or is it foreseeable PHP- and SWIG-Mapscript will
>>differ more and more?
>

> Sebastian,
>
> I will leave the above for the PHP gurus to answer.
>

>>Question 2:
>>Will PHP-Mapscript support a special drawing function which ignores the
>>aspect ratio of width/height and does not adjust the extent?
>

> This can be forced by setting the CONFIG option MS_NONSQUARE to
> YES in your .map file.  Does PHP MapScript provide a mechanism to set
> config options for the map?
>
> Best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst