UMN-Mapserver Oracle Spatial 10g - Performance

Greg gfikoczek at KARTAGO.DE
Fri Oct 28 06:25:24 EDT 2005

Hi Daniel, hi Fernando, hi List !

Thxs  for the quick answers and all the tipps.
I gues I'm realy in the wrong list, by the next mail I will change.

I got a couple of layers so I  included the "PROCESSING
"CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER" - Statement and
using now directly "GEOM FROM kreise_oracle", but it is still to slow.

I get the data using the shp2sdo-Converter and the SDO_MIGRATE.TO_CURRENT-Execute is allready done.
Maybe the network and/or the server is the reason, how can I found the connection time to the database?
And what for tunning function should I use ?
Sorry, for the many questions, but I'm new in the topic.

Regard.