mapscript build error

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Sep 12 08:10:16 EDT 2005

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Anyone have any advice on this one?  Note that I have compiled PHP with:
>
> # ./configure  --with-regex=system --enable-dbase
> --with-jpeg=/usr/local/ --with-png=/usr/local/ --with-gd=/usr/local/
> --with-apxs2=/usr/local/www/bin/apxs --with-zl
> ib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/zlib-1.2.3/
> --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/src/freetype2/freetype-2.1.10
> --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config --enable-dbase --with
> -pdflib

>>/usr/local/src/php/php-5.0.5/regex/regerror.c:38: error:
>>`REG_OKAY' undeclared here (not in a function)

Tom,

I saw your other posts about this last week but would need to dig deeper
to be able to tell what's going on. First of all, are you really using
the latest 4.7dev from CVS?

I see that your compile process tries to compile regex.c but it
shouldn't do that. During the development of 4.6, the configure script
has been modified to allow compiling mapserv with the system regex, and
let php_mapscript work with PHP's builtin regex, so we need to find out
why this is not working for you and why the Makefile tries to compile
regex.c.

Could you please file a bug and I'll followup through there later this
week (I don't think I'll have time today).

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca