4.8.0 release plan

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 16 13:06:50 EDT 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I have two development proposals I intend to bring forward to the TSC.
> One for new resampling options for rasters and one for improved handling
> of vector reprojection "at the horizon".  I would like both of those efforts
> to make it into 4.8.  Based on that I am hoping we could push your dates
> back a week or two.
>
> So, I vote -0 on the proposal as it stands (ie. I don't like the date but I
> don't feel strongly enough to try and veto).

I don't feel strongly about the proposed dates, I was more trying to
make sure we have a clear plan for the next release. Ideally I would
like to see a release before Xmas because that's what the users expect,
but I'm flexible on that too as long as we don't push it for several months.

Should I modify my proposal right away or wait for someone else to veto
it? Or perhaps to really follow the "process" you can vote -1 on mine
and submit a counter proposal with all dates pushed by a few weeks and
I'll be happy vote +1 on it.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca