msautotest/wxs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 22 14:41:33 EDT 2005

Folks,

As you know, I have a little test suite for low level rendering stuff
called msautotest.  I have just added a new directory "wxs" in which
I hope to put a variety of tests of WMS, WFS and WCS protocols.

The idea is pretty much the same as the other tests, but in this case
invoking "mapserv" with the QUERY_STRING parameter to pass
in specific queries.  The results are written to a file and compared to
expected results.  The only trick is that I added a mechanism to
strip off the Content-type: ... headers so that the result documents are
easier to compare - especially when they are images.

I am interested in finding folks willing to add some tests for protocols
they know reasonably well, and have an interested in ensuring don't
break.  I have started with a few WCS tests (notably of my new
resampling capability).