RFC 14 out for comment...

Tue Apr 11 13:29:02 EDT 2006

Steve,

Well, actually, I think there should be at least nine ORIGINs possibilities:

UL UC UR
CL CC CR
LL LC LR

for the placement options. While the corners will probably be the most,
I think it would be silly to not provide access to all these points.

In the original request there was some discussion of adding positioning
based on 0.0 ... 1.0 ratio. Granted this was not to be implemented
initially, but which of the implementation methods would prevent or
facilitate doing this in the future. I think that should be taken into
account when planning this out so that we don't implement something
today, that is not extensible and then have to implement something else
that is similar but different and confuses users.

-Steve W