[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Java Mapscript - querybyattribut

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 13 11:18:39 EDT 2006

This is probably not related only to java mapscript, so please read on.

On 3/30/06, Oliver Wesp <wesp at gdv.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I' struggling with queryByAttributes on an attribute field with german
> umlauts using java mapscript.
> The odd thing is that the same thing works fine with php mapscript and
> when I use expressions in my  mapfile. I'm using a shapefile as datasource.

Could someone of the other mapserver developers shed some light on this issue?

I have a clue to give: php mapscript is using a different regex
library and this explains why the match does not happen for Java
mapscript, while it does happen in php mapscript. If I am right also
the mapserver cgi should be affected and possibly all other mapscript
too.

It would be very interesting if someone could report on similar
experiences with the cgi-bin version of mapserver.

Thanks,
Umberto