Proposal to add Steve Woodbridge to the TSC

Fri Apr 14 09:58:40 EDT 2006

How should we move forward with this? One idea might be to follow the same
path as we did with OSGF membership. The TSC prepares a RFC to transition
the TSC to PSC with all the stuff about scope, new membership and so on
and we vote. But acceptance would be contingent on confirming vote from
the community at large. Just a thought.

Steve

>>> Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US> 4/13/2006 2:42:57 PM >>>
I agree with the latest sentiments. My opinion would to broaden the power of the TSC by
transitioning into a PSC (I don't think a second committee would add much), and  we
broadening membership to include power and/or other influential users (folks Lowell Flak and
Ed McNierney also come to mind in addition to those already mentioned).

I could see a membership approaching 13 folks...

Steve

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> All things considered, it might have been a bit better to broaden the
> mandate
> of the committee and then, with a bit of a plan, expand it's
> membership.  But
> in any event, I don't think we can go wrong with SteveW as long as he is
> interested and willing to commit.

Agreed, and agreed. (That's also in line with what Howard suggests in
his reply that just arrived)

BTW, another question that this proposal raises is how big do we want
the committee to become. I thought it was better to keep it relatively
small, at which point would it become too big and unmanageable?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/